Benefits of Tramadol
Tramadol is known as one of the best choices for pain relief but as it is a prodrug, so it does not itself gets absorbed. It gets metabolized into the body by the cytochrome P450 enzymes into a few active chemicals.
Advantages of Tramadol
- Fewer chances of respiratory depression, drowsiness, and lethargy
- Fewer chances of abuse potential
- There is wide availability of generic formulations
As it is already told in the above discussion that Tramadol besides being a pain relief tablet, having a lot of side effects too. Patients with different problems are having a different experience with this drug.
As it is well known that each medicine which is having some benefits may cause some of the side effects too. Similarly, Tramadol besides giving you relief from the severe pains is having lots of side effects.
Like other medicines, Tramadol is having side effects which lead to certain allergies like breathing problem and several skin issues like burning in your eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash that spreads and irritates with blistering and peeling.
Tramadol causes the allergy of low breathing and this may become dangerous for our life. You are required to call the doctor if in case you feel these kinds of symptoms:
- If you hear loud noise while breathing or there is sighing and empty breathing.
- If you find the heart rate slow or weak pulse.
- If there is light-headed feeling as if you might pass out.
- seizure (convulsions)
- If you miss the menstrual period cycle.
- If you find the feeling of impotence, sexual problems, lack of interest in sex
- If in case there are symptoms of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, worsening tiredness or weakness.
Tramadol causes side effects of serotonin syndrome that may include agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
People who are old, overweight, malnourished, or debilitated are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. So they are required to be careful regarding the dosage of the medicine or they can also avoid this medicine if the case is concerning their personal health.
If you continue to make use of opioids for the long term, then it may affect fertility both in men and women. So always consult a doctor, if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Some other common tramadol side effects may include:
- Symptoms of headache, dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
- The problem of constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- The feeling of nervousness or anxiety
- Irritation of itching, sweating, flushing
So, the above-discussed symptoms of Tramadol side effects cannot be called the complete list of the side effects. There are more side effects still left. It varies on the different dose and the different body of the individual. If you feel any kind of irritation or problem in the time period of using this medicine, then do consult the doctor immediately.